Professor and Chief Academic Officer, Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago
The Object Detection Project
Selected Papers etc.
DBLP listing of my publications
(contains proper citations and some items not listed below)
- P. Felzenszwalb, R. Girshick, D. McAllester
Cascade Object Detection with Deformable Part Models
To appear in CVPR 2010 pdf
- P. Felzenszwalb, D. McAllester
Object Detection Grammars
University of Chicago, Computer Science TR-2010-02, February 2010
- P. Felzenszwalb, R. Girshick, D. McAllester, D. Ramanan
Object Detection with Discriminatively Trained Part Based Models
To appear in the IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence
- Hoang Trinh, David McAllester
Unsupervised Learning of Stereo Vision with Monocular Cues
BMVC 2009 pdf
- Chunzhao Guo, Seiichi Mita, David A. McAllester
Stereovision-based road boundary detection for intelligent vehicles in challenging scenarios
Alex Ihler, David McAllester
Particle Belief Propagation
AIStats 2009 pdf
- P. Felzenszwalb, D. McAllester, D. Ramanan
A Discriminatively Trained, Multiscale, Deformable Part Model
CVPR 2008 pdf
Hoang Trinh, David McAllester
Particle-Based Belief Propagation for Structure from Motion and Dense Stereo Vision with Unknown Camera Constraints
RobVis 2008 pdf
Prahladh Harsha, Rahul Jain, David McAllester, Jaikumar Radhakrishnan
The Communication Complexity of Correlation
IEEE Conference on Computational Complexity 2007
Pedro F. Felzenszwalb, David A. McAllester
The Generalized A* Architecture
J. Artif. Intell. Res. (JAIR) 29: 153-190, 2007 pdf
- Min-Cover Approach for Finding Salient Curves with Pedro Felzenszwalb,
IEEE Workshop on Perceptual Organization in Computer Vision, 2006
- Generalization Bounds and Consistency for Structured Labeling in
Predicting Structured Data, edited by G. Bakir, T. Hofmann, B. Scholkopf, A. Smola, B. Taskar, and S. V. N. Vishwanathan. MIT Press, 2007.
- The Generalized A* Architecture with Pedro Felzenszwalb, to appear
in the Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR)
- Bellman Equations for Stochastic Programs, revised version of a paper accompanying an invited talk at LPNMR-99
Policy Gradient Methods for Reinforcement Learning with Function Approximation.
with Richard Suttun, Satinder Singh, and Yishay Mansour, NIPS-99
- Boosting with Multi-Way Branching in Decision Trees, with Yishay Mansour, NIPS-99
- On the Complexity Analysis of Static Analyses, paper accompanying an invited talk at SAS-99
- PAC-Bayesian Model Averaging, COLT-99. This paper is subsumed by "PAC-Bayesian Stochastic Model Selection"
listed under 2001.
- Relating Probabilistic Grammars and Automata, with Steve Abney and Fernando Pereira, ACL-99
- Approximate Planning for Factored POMDPs using Beleif State Simplification,
with Satinder Singh, UAI-99
- 6.824: Graduate Course on Artificial Intelligence
- A Proof of Strong Normalization for F2, Fw, and Beyond
with Jakov Kucan, and Daniel Otth, Information and Computation, Vol 121, No. 2,
September 1995, pages 193-200.
- "Obviousness: A Window on the Mind?" Slides from a talk.
- Three Cuts for Accelerated Interval Propagation,
with Pascal van Hentenryck and Deepak Kapur
- Solving Polynomial Systems using a Branch and Prune Approach,
with Pascal van Hentenryck and Deepak Kapur, SIAM Journal of Numerical Analysis.
- GSAT and Dynamic Backtracking, with Matthew Ginsberg
,Fourth Conference on Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KR-94),
May, 1994, pages 226-237.
- Taxonomic Sytnax for First Order Inference with
Robert Givan, JACM, vol. 40, number 2, April 1993, pages 246-283.
- Automatic Recognition of Tractability in Inference Relations,
JACM, vol. 40, number 2, April 1993, pages 284-303.
- The Ontic Language
- Nondeterministic Lisp as a Substrait for Constraint Logic Programming, with
Jeffery Mark Siskind, AAAI-93, pages 133-138.
- Alpha-Beta-Conspiracy Search, with Denize Yuret, ICGA Journal, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 16-35 (2002).