My interests change so frequently that I keep losing track (if you ever come back here, you'll find this to be the most dynamic section of my homepage!). All I have been able to figure out is that I want to solve some massive real world problem, which would have a positive impact on the society. As of now, only three ingredients are missing in that pursuit: the (a) problem, (b) skills, and (c) efforts. I am reasonably confident that (a) would fall in the domain of education/energy/health-care, and (b) would encompass acquiring some degree of expertise in at least Machine Learning, Large Scale Mining, Distributed Computing, Social Networks, and Algorithms. I have absolutely no clue about (c).
I'm always looking for collaborations on interesting/intellectually stimulating/meaningful research problems, so if you're passionate about something falling in this realm, please drop me a line.
- R. Kondor, N. Teneva, and V. K. Garg. Multiresolution Matrix Factorization. ICML, 2014.
- S. Kpotufe and V. K. Garg. Adaptivity to Local Smoothness and Dimension in Kernel Regression. NIPS, 2013.
- V. K. Garg, T. S. Jayram, and B. Narayanaswamy. Online Optimization with Dynamic Temporal Uncertainty.... AAAI, 2013.
- V. K. Garg, Y. Narahari, and M. N. Murty. Novel Biobjective Clustering (BiGC) based on Cooperative Game Theory. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), 2013.
- P. Agrawal (Equal Contribution), V. K. Garg (Equal Contribution), and R. Narayanam. Link Label Prediction in Signed Social Networks. IJCAI, 2013.
- R. Narayanam, N.N.R. Ranga Suri, V. K. Garg, and M. N. Murty. Ranking Mechanisms for Maximizing Spread, Trust in Signed Social Networks. ECML-CoLISD, 2012.
- B. Narayanaswamy, V. K. Garg, and T. S. Jayram. Prediction based Storage Management in the Smart Grid. IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), 2012.
- B. Narayanaswamy, V. K. Garg, and T. S. Jayram. Online Optimization for the Smart (Micro) Grid. ACM International Conference on Future Energy Systems (e-Energy), 2012.
- R. Narayanam, N. N. R. Ranga Suri, and V. K. Garg. Ranking Mechanisms for Maximizing Spread in Slashdot-like Online Social Networks. IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2012 (Demo/Poster Track).
- S. Bhattacherjee, A. Narang, and V. K. Garg. High Throughput Data Redundancy Removal Algorithm with Scalable Performance. High-Performance and Embedded Architectures and Compilers (HIPEAC), 2011.
- V. K. Garg, A. Narang, and S. Bhattacherjee. Real Time Memory Efficient Data Redundancy Removal Algorithm. ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), 2010.
- A. Narang, R. Gupta, A. Joshi, and V. K. Garg. Highly Scalable Parallel Collaborative Filtering Algorithm. IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing (HiPC), 2010.
- V. K. Garg. Toward Optimal Disk Layout of Genome Scale Suffix Trees. Simulated Evolution And Learning (SEAL), Springer LNCS, 2010.
- V. K. Garg and M. N. Murty. EPIC: Efficient Integration of Partitional Clustering Algorithms for Classification. Simulated Evolution And Learning (SEAL), Springer LNCS, 2010.
- V. K. Garg and N. Viswanadham. EcoSupply: A Machine Learning Framework for Analyzing the Impact of Ecosystem on Global Supply Chain Dynamics. Simulated Evolution And Learning (SEAL), Springer LNCS, 2010.
- V. K. Garg and M. N. Murty. Feature Subspace SVMs (FS-SVMs) for High Dimensional Handwritten Digit Recognition. International Journal of Data Mining, Modelling and Management (IJDMMM), 2009.
- V. K. Garg and M. N. Murty. RACK: RApid Clustering using K-means algorithm. IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), 2009.