I am a graduate student at the Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago (TTI-C).
I feel overly fortunate having got an opportunity to study and work at some of the finest institutes and research labs. Prior to coming here, I spent some time at IBM Research (IRL), Bangalore and Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad. Before that I received my B.E. in Information Technology from Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT), having completed my first semester at Delhi College of Engineering (DCE), now DTU, Delhi; and my M.E. in Computer Science and Engineering from the department of Computer Science and Automation (CSA) at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. At IISc, I was fortunate to work with Prof. M. Narasimha Murty, a co-author of the most cited survey paper on clustering, Data Clustering: A Review, for my master's dissertation. At IBM Research, I learnt enormously thanks to wonderful guidance of Dr. T.S. Jayram (Jayram Thathachar), a prominent theory researcher and Manager of the Algorithms and Computation group at the IBM Almaden Research Center.
- S. Kpotufe and V. K. Garg. Adaptivity to Local Smoothness and Dimension in Kernel Regression. NIPS, 2013.
- V. K. Garg, T. S. Jayram, and B. Narayanaswamy. Online Optimization with Dynamic Temporal Uncertainty: Incorporating Short Term Predictions for Renewable Integration in Intelligent Energy Systems. AAAI, 2013.
- P. Agrawal*, V. K. Garg*, and R. Narayanam. Link Label Prediction in Signed Social Networks. IJCAI, 2013. (*Equal contribution)
- V. K. Garg, Y. Narahari, and M. N. Murty. Novel Biobjective Clustering (BiGC) based on Cooperative Game Theory. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), 2013.
- V. K. Garg, S. Chaudhari, and A. Narang. Multi-Regularization for Fuzzy Co-Clustering. ICONIP, 2013.
- B. Narayanaswamy, V. K. Garg, and T. S. Jayram. Prediction based Storage Management in the Smart Grid. IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), 2012.
- B. Narayanaswamy, V. K. Garg, and T. S. Jayram. Online Optimization for the Smart (Micro) Grid. ACM International Conference on Future Energy Systems (e-Energy), 2012.
- R. Narayanam, N.N.R. Ranga Suri, V. K. Garg, and M. N. Murty. Ranking Mechanisms for Maximizing Spread, Trust in Signed Social Networks. ECML-PKDD Workshop on Collective Learning and Inference on Structured Data (CoLISD), 2012.
- R. Narayanam, N. N. R. Ranga Suri, and V. K. Garg. Ranking Mechanisms for Maximizing Spread in Slashdot-like Online Social Networks. IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2012 (Demo/Poster Track).
- S. Bhattacherjee, A. Narang, and V. K. Garg. High Throughput Data Redundancy Removal Algorithm with Scalable Performance. High-Performance and Embedded Architectures and Compilers (HIPEAC), 2011.
- V. K. Garg, A. Narang, and S. Bhattacherjee. Real Time Memory Efficient Data Redundancy Removal Algorithm. ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), 2010.
- V. K. Garg. Toward Optimal Disk Layout of Genome Scale Suffix Trees. Simulated Evolution And Learning (SEAL), Springer LNCS, 2010.
- V. K. Garg and M. N. Murty. EPIC: Efficient Integration of Partitional Clustering Algorithms for Classification. Simulated Evolution And Learning (SEAL), Springer LNCS, 2010.
- V. K. Garg and N. Viswanadham. EcoSupply: A Machine Learning Framework for Analyzing the Impact of Ecosystem on Global Supply Chain Dynamics. Simulated Evolution And Learning (SEAL), Springer LNCS, 2010.
- A. Narang, R. Gupta, A. Joshi, and V. K. Garg. Highly Scalable Parallel Collaborative Filtering Algorithm. IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing (HiPC), 2010.
- V. K. Garg and M. N. Murty. Feature Subspace SVMs (FS-SVMs) for High Dimensional Handwritten Digit Recognition. International Journal of Data Mining, Modelling and Management (IJDMMM), 2009.
- V. K. Garg and M. N. Murty. RACK: RApid Clustering using K-means algorithm. IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), 2009.